We worked hard over the last week to make the Birdhouse app better for you. Here’s what we did over the past 10 days or so.
Improving Web 2.0 and planning for Web 3.0
- Talked to Joel about how best to work through our big list of small improvements and fixes, and start outlining a schedule to make that happen. For example, what is the best way to organize a list of medications and supplements to know know what’s been taken in the past and when it was prescribed?
- We also worked with Kevin to clean up the mobile styling in a web browser so everyone has an awesome experience when they access Birdhouse on a laptop or desktop
- Fixed some errors that tend to occur when signup fields are mistakenly skipped over
- There was some playing around with some secret new ideas for the benefit of learning and fun and maybe some future features
- Fixed a random error some Birdhouse users experienced who are accessing the redesigned Birdhouse for the very first time
- Introduced a fix to make flash notices show up properly on the nutrition and therapy pages
- Big team meeting to talk through and reach a consensus on the next round of big features
Android and iPhone 2.3a – Nutrition Progress
- Created and distributed imagery for the iOS 2.3 updates to the development team for use in the apps
- Released an internal 2.3 api update to work with the new builds that are coming
- Did some testing on how said new api is working for mobile 2.3 updates
- Reviewed and organized feedback on the latest test builds for these apps
Infrastructure and Availability Improvements
- Renewed our SSL certificate and updated our setup to ensure it continues working properly
- There was also time spent on monitoring and evaluating background processing to make sure things are smooth and working as intended
- Exchanged some emails with Birdhouse users to listen to their experience with the mobile apps
Overall Maintenance and Evaluation
- How many new downloads/installs/opens in the past week?
- What about unexpected crashes on iPhone, Android or Amazon devices?
- Executed a full team update summary for development progress
- Evaluated overall app usage for different features and various types of activity
- How is the collaboration feature working for families and professionals right now? We’re continually learning and making improvements, so divorced parents can better share info about the care of their child, or improve communication with your child’s teacher or therapist about what’s really going on
- How are Birdhouse users using the new Reports feature?
Yay! That’s what we’ve been up to the past week or so on development. Let us know what you think. We always love hearing from you.